The results of the in depth study on the Trade Secrets system in China were presented in front of an online and offline audience of government officials, academia and businesses from the European Union. Proposals to improve the legal system and practice were discussed by participants. Some of the recommendations included (not limited):
- Extend the scope of Trade Secrets cases covered by the IP courts and tribunals, further than technical cases;
- Provide a more transparent guidance of the preliminary injunctions by Courts;
- Consider R&D costs and involve them in the guiding cases by courts;
- SPC should take the lead on the publication of guiding cases to balance interpretation consistency between trade secret owners and employees;
- Lower the criminal thresholds.
- Tim Smith & August Zhang - Study on trade secrets | 商业秘密研究 [PDF - 0.6MB] [EN]