On 8 and 9 September 2020, copyright policy officials from the SEA countries, namely Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam, participated in a virtual conference on Modern Copyright Protection Systems. EU Copyright Expert shared their insights on treaties and international agreements on copyright and related rights and the EU legal framework, focusing on the aspects related to online environment.
The outcomes of the virtual conference significantly contributed to the continued enhancement of the copyright regimes of the South-East Asian countries and ensure more effective protection for copyright owners against the infringement of their works.
See and download the PPT presentations made under this activity:
- Presentation 1 - Gyta Berasnevičiūtė-Singh, IP Expert, EUIPO - The EU legal framework on Copyright and Related rights [PDF - ENG] [0.5MB]
- Presentation 2 - Gyta Berasnevičiūtė-Singh, IP Expert, EUIPO - Copyright and related rights in the EU: Intermediary Liability and Copyright Infringement in the online environment [PDF - ENG] [0.4MB]
- Presentation 3 - Paolo Lanteri, WIPO - Treaties and International Agreements on Copyright and Related Rights [PDF - ENG] [3MB]
- Presentation 4 - Ioannis Kikkis, IP Adviser, EPLO - Collective Rights Management in the EU [PDF - ENG] [1MB]
- Presentation 5 - Agung Damarsasongko, Directorate General of Intellectual Property of
Indonesia - Copyright and Related Rights Protection in Indonesia [PDF - ENG] [0.3MB]
- Presentation 6 - Emerson G. Cuyo, Intellectual Property Office of The Philippines - Modern Copyright Systems [PDF - ENG] [0.6MB]
- Presentation 7 - Gavin Foo - Modern Copyright Protection Systems of Singapore [PDF - ENG] [0.7MB]
- Presentation 8 - Mohd Syaufiq bin Abdul Latif, Assistant Director, Copyright Division, MyIPO - Copyright and Related Rights Protection in Malaysia [0.4MB]
- Presentation 9 - Pham Thi Kim Oanh - Introduction on the Legislation, Management, Enforcement of Copyright and related Rights in Vietnam [1.3MB]