IP Key South-East Asia (SEA) Project organised a ‘Seminar on the Detection and Investigation of IPR Infringements in Online and Physical Marketplaces’ on 28 and 29 October 2021. The seminar targets law enforcement authorities in SEA and highlights the latest trends in the detection and investigation of IPR infringements in both physical and online/digital marketplaces and which best practices evolve as infringers continue to adapt their methods. The seminar also features the EU’s best practices for accurately reporting and utilising IP enforcement statistics, and the use of the latest enforcement tools and databases developed in the EU, which may contribute to increasing transparency in IP-related law enforcement operations in SEA, using statistics to strategically assess, identify and target follow-up actions.
- Frederick Vanneste - Introduction to Investigating Intellectual Property Infringements [PDF 3.2MB] [EN]
- Laurent Szymkowiak - Links between IP Crimes and Organised Crime [PDF 1.5MB] [EN]
- Frederick Vanneste - Best Practices on IPR Investigations, Evidence Gathering, and Conducting Enforcement Operations [PDF 4.3MB] [EN]
- Vasilis Katos - Best Practices on Investigating Online Infringements [PDF4.9MB] [EN]
- Vasilis Katos - Digital Crime Scene Management [PDF 1.3MB] [EN]
- Frederick Vanneste - Cooperation and Effective Partnerships in Combatting IPR Infringements [PDF 2.48MB] [EN]