The South-East Asia Judges’ Virtual Roundtable took place on 6 and 7 October 2020. The two-day online event organized by IP Key SEA included sessions on the role of judges, the internet environment for the judiciary, and other key issues concerning IPR judicial enforcement. The experts from the European Observatory on Infringements of IP Rights and the Court of Appeal of Madrid shared their experience from the EU perspective.
The event also included presentations on relevant issues through the viewpoint of each South-East Asian countries participating in the roundtable, namely Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Thailand, and Viet Nam.
- Ramon Paul L. Hernando - Developments and Impact of the Special Rules of Procedure in IPRs Cases in the Philippines [PDF - 3.5MB] [EN]
- Riana Pohan - Destruction and Removal from the Channels of Commerce of Infringing Goods in Indonesia [PDF - 2.3MB] [EN]
- Watcharapon Suntrasantik - Criminal Remedies for IPR Violations in Thailand [PDF - 1.9MB] [EN]
- Erling Vestergaard - The Legal System for Intellectual Property of the European Union [PDF - 0.9MB] [EN]
- Erling Vestergaard - The Critical Role of Judges in the Enforcement of IP Rights: Legal Remedies – Choice of Measures; Computation of Damages; Confiscation [PDF - 0.4MB] [EN]
- Erling Vestergaard - The Internet Environment for the Judiciary [PDF - 0.5MB] [EN]