The legal framework for protecting digital works is trying to keep up with an environment that has been reshaped by changes to consumer habits, online platforms and the entertainment industry at large.
Against this backdrop, IP Key co-hosted the “EU-China Roundtable on Copyright Protection and Licensing in the Digital Environment” with the National Copyright Administration of China (NCAC) that took place on 24-25 September at the Courtyard By Marriott Shanghai Pudong . Some of the topics that were covered:
- Protection of Broadcasting rights;
- Copyright protection of formats;
- Technical Protection Measures for the entertainment industry.
- Provider Liability in China and the EU – comparative observations - Peter Ganea [PDF - 0.3MB] [EN]
- Copyright Protection of Creators in the Digital Environment: Transfer of Value - Benjamin Ng [PDF - 2.3MB] [EN,CN]
- Copyright Directive 2019 - Addressing the Value Gap - Xenia Iwaszko-Manning [PDF - 1.2MB] [EN,CN]
- TPMs for the Entertainment Industry - Tim Smith - Rouse Consultancy [PDF - 0.3MB] [EN]
- Report on the Development of China’s Online Copyright Industries (2018) [PDF - 0.5MB] [EN]
- Latest Progress of Copyright Enforcement in China - National Copyright Administration of China - Zheng Xiaofei [PDF - 1.8MB] [EN,CN]