The EU is the main development partner in Latin America. It is also its second largest trade partner and its biggest investor. Trade in goods between the EU and Latin America almost doubled over the last decade, making the region a key market for many EU businesses.
The EU’s works with Latin America through:
- EU–Latin America + Caribbean summits (EU–CELAC) that involve a broad interregional arrangement of programmes and include all the member states of this relationship.
- EU Association Agreements which focus on three main pillars (political dialogue, trade and cooperation).
- Free trade agreements, in cases where association agreements cannot be reached with individual countries or sub-regions in the medium term.
Throughout its life, IP Key Latin America will support international businesses, especially EU firms, in obtaining, managing and enforcing their intellectual property (IP) protection in Latin American countries.
- Action Fiche for IP Key China
- Action Fiche for IP Key South East Asia
- Action Fiche for IP Key Latin America