The activity entails the continued provision of technical support to the relevant SEA countries towards the establishment or strengthening of GI sui generis systems. The technical assistance provided are tailored to the specific needs of the target countries, building upon the results and outcomes of prior GI activities undertaken by IP Key SEA.
- 22-24 May: National Geographical Indications Forum in the Philippines. IP Key SEA collaborated with the Intellectual Property Office of the Philippines (IPOPHL) in bringing together GI stakeholders in the country to develop a coherent approach in the implementation of the country’s new sui generis GI system.
- 22 June: The Virtual Workshop on GIs features recent developments on GIs in the EU, the issues facing stakeholders on the protection of GIs and enforcement of their GI rights, and the latest developments in the implementation of Malaysia’s GI Act of 2022 and current revision of the GI Act of Thailand.
- Recent Developments in the Protection of Geographical Indications in the EU - Katarina Barathova - EN - [PDF - 0.77MB]
- Issues Affecting the Protection and Enforcement of Geographical Indications (GIs) - Muhammad Azrul Abdul Hamid - EN - [PDF - 0.28MB]
- Implementing Malaysia's Geographical Indications Act of 2022: Issues and Challenges - Ryzul Osman Basah - EN - [PDF - 7.30MB]
- Latest Developments in the Protection of GIs in Thailand - Jittima Klinsuwan - EN - [PDF - 1.25MB]
- 20 July: The IP Key SEA will support the 20th Anniversary Celebration of the GI Law of Thailand by participating in the GI Exhibition to be organised by DIP Thailand. EU products with GI names will be featured at the exhibition.