EU Business Forum Virtual Conference Series: IP Offices and the Future of IP Governance in South-East Asia
Between 19-26 October 2020, IP Key SEA organised a series of webinars on ‘IP Offices and the Future of IP Governance in South-East Asia’. The virtual conferences featured six South-East Asian IP offices, namely Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam. Each showcased their current initiatives on enhancing IPR protection and enforcement in their jurisdictions, how they have been implementing continuity programmes during the COVID-19 crisis, and their future plans for further developing the respective national IP systems to conform to international standards and adopt best practices. Representatives from EU businesses and the European Chambers of Commerce in the South-East Asian countries participated in the forums.
One virtual forum was organised for each country, resulting in six webinars. Each event featured an open forum session with EU businesses/the European Chambers of Commerce in the respective SEA countries, in order to promote interaction and enhance engagement between the IP authorities and EU businesses.
- Dede Mia Yusanti - Recent Development on Intellectual Property in Indonesia [PDF - 1.3MB] [EN]
- Prayoth Benyasut - DIP and the Future of IP Governance in Thailand [PDF - 1.3MB] [EN]
- Rowel S. Barba - IPOPHL and the Future of IP Governance in the Philippines [PDF - 1.9MB] [EN]
- Walter Chia - IPOS’ Role in Driving Economic Growth in the COVID-19 Era [PDF - 1.8MB] [EN]
- Nguyen Thi Hoang Hanh - Intellectual Property Training and Public Awareness Improvement by IP Vietnam [PDF - 1.4MB] [EN]
- Ha Thi Nguyet Thu - Cooperation between IPRs Enforcement Bodies in Vietnam [PDF - 0.2MB] [EN]
- Do Thi Hanh - Improvement of IP Legislation and Service Quality of the Intellectual Property Office of Vietnam [PDF - 0.3MB] [EN]
- Kamal Kormin - MyIPO and the Future of IP Governance in Malaysia [PDF - 1.8MB] [EN]
Video en other language: IDN
Video en other language: VNM
Video en other language: MLY