IP Key South-East Asia (SEA) Project, in collaboration with the Community Plant Variety Protection Office (CPVO), organised the ‘Webinar on Plant Variety Protection and UPOV 1991’ on Monday, 17 January 2022. This activity is a follow-up to prior activities on plant variety protection aimed at promoting effective plant variety protection systems in SEA in order to support the UPOV 1991 Act accession of countries in the region. The activity highlighted the benefits that PVP brings to socio-economic development and its contribution to agricultural sustainability. The webinar also addressed the issues raised concerning PVP and UPOV 1991 accession.
- Manabu Suzuki - Benefits of UPOV 1991 [PDF - 2.83MB]
- Francesco Mattina - European Perspective on the Exceptions to the Breeders Right in the EU [PDF - 1.36MB]
- Nguyen Thanh Minh - Socio-economic Impact of UPOV 1991 Membership to Viet Nam [PDF - 2.11MB]
- Simon Maina - Experience of a UPOV Member: Kenya [PDF - 1.05MB]
- Derk Gesink - The Importance of Plant Variety Protection for Farmers [PDF - 1.33MB]
- Mary Ann Sayoc - The Need for UPOV 1991: Perspective of a Breeding Company [PDF - 2.81MB]