Roving Seminar for European and South-East Asian users on obtaining patent protection in Europe and South-East Asian countries
IP Key South-East Asia (SEA) organised the Roving Seminar for European and SEA users on obtaining patent protection in Europe and SEA countries. In cooperation with the European Patent Office (EPO) and the South-East Asia IPR SME Helpdesk, the seminars were hosted from 11 to 18 October 2019 in Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand, and received a very good turnout of participants from EU businesses and SEA companies as well as patent agents and patent attorneys.
The roving seminar aimed to raise awareness among EU businesses in the respective countries on the national patent protection systems, to enable them to protect their inventions more effectively. It also aimed to raise awareness among SEA businesses on EU and international best practices and standards on patent protection procedures.
The seminar topics included presentations on the importance of obtaining patent protection, developments in the national patent frameworks of the respective SEA countries, the European patent system, the patentability of emerging technologies related to artificial intelligence, the internet of things and industry 4.0. The discussions on patent procedures and the policy approach to examining inventions in emerging fields of technology led to very interactive Q&A sessions.
- Presentation on the EPO - Nicholas Kornig [PDF - 10MB] [EN]
- The EPO and Industry 4.0 - Luc De Vos [PDF - 1.1MB] [EN]
- The Importance of Patent Protection for EU and SEA Businesses in Malaysia - Jin Nee Wong [PDF - 7.6MB] [EN]
- Legal Framework for Patents in Malaysia - Zaiton Nordin [PDF - 4.1MB] [EN]
- The Importance of Patent Protection for EU and SEA Businesses in Indonesia - Kin-Wah Chow [PDF - 3.2MB] [EN]
- The Importance of Patent Protection for EU and SEA Businesses in Singapore - Wai Yeng Chan [PDF - 15.4MB] [EN]
- Development of the Legal Framework in relation to obtaining Patents in Singapore - Lily Lee [PDF - 1.9MB] [EN]
- The Importance of Patent Protection for EU and SEA Businesses in Thailand - Benjapol Kongsombut [PDF - 3.9MB] [EN]
- Legal Framework of Patents in Thailand - Jittima Srithaporn [PDF - 3.7MB] [EN]
- Indonesia [ZIP - 1.7MB] [10 items]
- Malaysia [ZIP - 2.4MB] [10 items]
- Singapore [ZIP - 2.3MB] [10 items]
- Thailand [ZIP - 2.7MB] [10 items]