IP Key South-East Asia organised its third Webinar Series on Geographical Indications (GIs) on 20 and 21 May 2021. The webinar series is a follow-up to the GI webinars held in July and November 2020 and focused on best practices in controlling GIs, protection and enforcement in the global market, and the main features of the Geneva Act of the Lisbon Agreement on Appellations of Origin and Geographical Indications.
The webinars continued to promote the benefits of the sui generis GI system in rural and community development. Presentations were made by representatives of the GI Unit of the European Commission’s Directorate-General for Agriculture and Rural Development (DG AGRI), the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), the Department of Intellectual Property of Cambodia, and EU producers.
- Nicholas Dandois - EU Geographical Indications and the global Market [PDF - EN] [2.3MB]
- Eniko Kelemen-Zobor - GIview Search Tool for Geographical Indications [PDF - EN] [1.8MB]
- Anna Eriksson and Giulia Montanaro - Control of GIs Italian Apples [PDF - EN] [2.5MB]
- Alexandra Grazioli - The Main Features of the Geneva Act of the Lisbon Agreement [PDF - EN] [3.6MB]
- Luca Cianfoni - Accession by the EU to the Geneva Act of the Lisbon Agreement [PDF - EN] [1.3MB]
- Alexandre Levy - The Geneva Act of the Lisbon Agreement, Perspective of France [PDF - EN] [0.2MB]
- Lao Reasey - The Geneva Act of the Lisbon Agreement, Perspective of Cambodia [PDF - EN] [1.2MB]