Workshop on Design Rights in China
The 15th China (Wuxi) International Design Expo took place this year on 25-27 May in Wuxi, Jiangsu, China. IP Key China, in partnership with the China National Intellectual Property Administration and Intellectual Property Publishing House organised a one-day workshop on the margins of the Expo. Expert presentations and roundtable discussions took place concerning various aspects of design rights protection, enforcement and best practices.
Expert speakers included: Ms. Dong Cheng (Deputy Director General of International Cooperation Department, CNIPA), Gunther Marten (Minister Counsellor/EUIPO IP Attaché, Trade Section, Delegation of the European Union to China), He Jing (Partner, Anjie Law), Wang Zhichao (Director of Enforcement Guidance Division, Intellectual Property Protection Department, CNIPA), Xu Yanlei (Director of General Affairs Division, Industrial Design Examination Department, CNIPA) and Fan Xiaodong (Director of Design Appeal Division I, Patent Re-examination and Invalidation Department).
Please click on the links below to download the presentation slides:
- The Administrative Enforcement For China’s Design Patents [PDF - 1.1MB] [EN]
- Enforcement of Registered Community Designs [PDF - 0.5MB] [EN]
- Reexamination and Invalidation of Design Patents [PDF - 1.2MB] [EN]
- Review of recent China Design Patent Infringement and Validity Cases [PDF - 3.6MB] [EN]
- Design Patent System Statistics and Trends in China [PDF - 1.6MB] [EN]
- The Registered Community Design [PDF - 1.9MB] [EN]
- Current and Future Design Patent Issues [PDF - 0.6MB] [EN]
- Online Tools for Design Strategy [PDF - 0.7MB] [EN]
Please click here to find the Workshop agenda.