The activity consists of a two-day event organized in collaboration with the Ministry of Foreign Trade (COMEX), Costa Rica and dedicated to the Enforcement of Geographical Indications. This activity will gather representatives of the competent authorities of GIs in the Central America countries and EU Members States in San José, Costa Rica, from December 5 to 6, 2019.
The main objective of the Regional Workshop is to share experiences on EU policy regarding geographical indications in the Central America region, and to provide better knowledge on the control and protection systems for geographical indications (GIs) in the Central America countries.
The activity seeks to promote discussions to provide better knowledge on the control and protection systems for GIs, including enforcement measures against infringements, and share best practices with participants from Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Panamá, El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras.
- Casos de éxito - IG Moncunill [PDF - 7MB] [ES]
- Grupos de productores de banano [PDF - 4.7MB] [ES]
- Grupos de productores Moncunill [PDF - 5.5MB] [ES]
- Observancia de las Indicaciones Geográficas [PDF - 5.1MB] [ES]
- Geographical Indications in the EU [PDF - 9.8MB] [EN]
- EU GIs at international level [PDF - 1.2MB] [EN]
- Recognition of GIs and Enforcement [PDF - 2.1MB] [EN]