IPKey China and the Quality Brands Protection Committee (QBPC) partnered in the organisation of the "2018 China Forum on IP Criminal Protection", that took place out of Renaissance Suzhou Wujiang (Jiangsu) on July 10-13.
The Forum gathered together 350 participants from Chinese and foreign Law Enforcement bodies, Prosecutor offices, Customs, IP Courts, e-commerce platforms, IP Right holders and law professionals, as well as Embassy representatives, WIPO and INTERPOL.
The forum, organised annually by QBPC and, this year for the first time in collaboration with IPKey China, focused on international knowledge sharing on IP criminal prosecution, including e-commerce and internet piracy, cross-border investigations, fight to transnational organised crime, new trends and Tools to support IPR owners and enforcement authorities.
The European Observatory on Infringements of Intellectual Property Rights was invited to coordinate with IPKey the session “China-EU Collaboration on IP Law Enforcement” that showcased contributions from Spanish Police, Italian National Customs, National Prosecutor Office of the Netherlands, the European Anti-Fraud Office (OLAF), EUROPOL as well as a panel discussions with China’s law enforcement authorities from the Economic Crime Division of the Ministry of Public Security, General Customs and Procuratorates.
Discussions held during the event highlighted several recurrent issues and helped shed more light on some of the underlying challenges faced by IPR owners, as well as concerns in IP criminal enforcement actions in China.
The event provided several learning points from international cooperation on enforcement.
For more information:
- Agenda 2018 China Forum on Criminal IP Protection [PDF - 143KB] [CN]
- Agenda 2018 China Forum on Criminal IP Protection [PDF - 186KB] [EN]
- International Cooperation on IPR Enforcement - Massimo Antonelli [PDF - 3.1MB] [EN,CN]
- Online Investigations and Prosecutions - Erling Vestergaard [PDF - 5.3MB] [EN,CN]
- Trends On Counterfeit Goods - Massimo Antonelli [PDF - 2MB] [EN,CN]
- Electronic booklet [PDF - 1.91MB] [EN,CN]