Exchange in China on Trademark Law
The Fourth Revision of the Trademark Law in China was adopted in April 2019 and will come into force on 1 November 2019. IP Key China, in cooperation with the China National Intellectual Property Administration organised this one-day workshop to discuss the latest changes in the law, outline its practical implications as well as address some of the on-going challenges. Given the challenges related to bad-faith trademark applications and the new provisions for tackling those, several presentations and discussions focused on this particular area.
Expert speakers included: Ms. Dong Cheng (Deputy Director General of International Cooperation Department, CNIPA), Gunther Marten (Minister Counsellor/EUIPO IP Attaché, Trade Section, Delegation of the European Union to China), He Jing (Partner, Anjie Law), Paul Ranjard (European Chamber IPR Working Group), Hu Anqi (Deputy Director of Division II, Legal and Treaty Department, CNIPA), Hu An (Deputy Director of Division III, International Cooperation Department, CNIPA), Fan Yali (Director of Examination Management Division I, Trademark Office, CNIPA), Fabio Giacopello (Partner, FHG) and Charles Feng (Partner, East & Concord).
Please click on the links below to download the presentation slides:
- Relevant Developments in Trademarks in the EU - Gunther Marten [PDF - 1.6MB] [EN]
- Revisions of China’s Trademark Law, an update - Hu Anji [PDF - 0.6MB] [EN]
- Brief Analysis on 2019 Revision of Trademark law of PRC - Charles Feng [PDF - 1MB] [EN]
- Preliminary Thoughts on Merging Civil Suit against Bad Faith Trademark Applicants and Trademark Invalidation Action - He Jing [PDF - 0.9MB] [EN]
- Reflexion on certain provisions for regulating applications for trademark registration - Paul Ranjard [PDF - 1MB] [EN]
- European Best Practices in preventing bad faith trademark applications - Fabio Giacopello [PDF - 0.8MB] [EN]
- Curbing Abnormal Trademark Applications - Fan Yali [PDF - 2.3MB] [EN]
- Recent cases of bad-faith trademark in the experience of an EU MS - Federico Antonelli [PDF - 2.1MB] [EN]
Please click here to find the agenda.