IP Key Latin America presented the third Enforcement and Governance of Intellectual Property (IP) Week, focused on the countries of the Andean Community. It discussed the challenges posed to the authorities by counterfeiting, piracy and copyright infringements in the digital environment during the context of the current pandemic.
In addition to the economic impact of IPR violations, presentations were given on case studies and best practices from both Europe and the Andean sub-region.
IP is important to any country because it can be an extraordinary driver of job creation. For example, according to some EUIPO studies, 38 % of EU employment (about 82 million jobs) can be directly or indirectly attributed to so-called high-generation IPR industries.
- La importancia de la observancia de los derechos de PI en tiempos de pandemia [PDF - 1MB] [ES]
- Infracciones de DPI en el entorno digital [PDF - 0.5MB] [ES]
- Consecuencias de la infracción de los DPIs: Impacto económico y no económico [PDF - 0.6MB] [ES]
- Infracciones de DPI en el entorno digital [PDF - 0.1MB] [ES]
- Zonas de libre comercio [PDF - 0.9MB] [ES]