On 10 and 11 June 2021, IP Key South-East Asia (SEA) organised ‘Webinars on Plant Variety Protection and UPOV 1991’. This online event is a follow-up to the webinar series organised by the IP Key SEA in collaboration with the Community Plant Variety Office (CPVO) and with the cooperation of the International Union for the Protection of New Varieties of Plants (UPOV) in November 2020.
This webinar series focused on the contribution of plant variety protection to sustainable farming and global food security while reducing the impact on climate change. The webinars also covered the benefits of UPOV 1991 membership for farmers and plant breeders as well as issues concerning plant variety rights protection in South East Asia.
- Manabu Suzuki - Global Impact of Plant Breeders’ Rights [PDF - 1.6MB] [EN]
- Francesco Mattina - Plant Breeders’ Rights in the European Union [PDF - 1MB] [EN]
- Rafi Karniel - Plant Breeders’ Rights and the Development of the Fruit Industry [PDF - 0.8MB] [EN]
- Thor Kofoed - Impact of Plant Breeding on EU Farmers: Farmers Point of View [PDF - 6.1MB] [EN]
- Steffen Noleppa - Plant Breeding as a Driver of Socio-Economic and Environmental Sustainability [PDF - 2.8MB] [EN]
- Nguyen Thanh Minh - Impact of UPOV Membership to Socio-Economy in Viet Nam [PDF - 3.3MB] [EN]
- Mary Ann Sayoc - Plant Variety Protection in South-East Asia: Perspective of a Breeding Company [PDF - 2.7MB] [EN]
- Enrico Bertolin - Benefits of Plant Breeders’ Rights to Companies in the Agri-Business [PDF - 3.5MB] [EN]
- Nguyen Quang Truong - Impact of Plant Variety Protection on a Vietnamese Seed Company [PDF - 9.2MB] [EN]