Training on Cross-Border IP Enforcement
Counterfeiting and piracy have a significant effect on the global economy, making it a priority issue for enforcement authorities. In light of this, IP Key China co-hosted a 3-day training course with the Ministry of Public Security of the People’s Republic of China (MPS) on 28-31 October 2019 in Changchun, Jilin province. Closed-door sessions allowed police enforcement specialists from the EU and China to share the latest investigatory tools in IP criminal cases at a time when counterfeiting networks are often highly sophisticated, international operations.
The event was attended by representatives from the European Union Observatory, the Quality Brands Protection Committee (QBPC), the German Customs Liaison Office to China, the China National Intellectual Property Administration (CNIPA), the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI), the Food and drug crime investigation Division, Jilin provincial public security department, Alibaba, Tencent, INTERPOL, the copyright office of the Publicity Department of the Communist Party of China Central Committee (SCIO), and the Food and Drugs Investigation team of Shanghai Municipal Public Security Bureau.
Topics covered included:
- counterfeit as a global threat: its impact and the role of organised criminal groups;
- review of evidence in IP cases;
- emerging threats in EU-China trade, and routes taken by fakes;
- the importance of international cooperation with China’s Public Security Bureau (PSB) and intra-agency coordination;
- administrative enforcement of IP cases;
- online investigation technology;
- internet and e-commerce platform governance.
The next exchange of knowledge with the MPS will take place in December. Delegates from the MPS will travel to the European Union for a week-long study mission on cross-border criminal enforcement.
- Illicit Goods and Global Health Programme | Felix AVELLAN | INTERPOL - ICPO 非法商品与全球健康计划 [PDF - 8.1MB] [EN,CN]
- Counterfeit as a global phenomenon: The emerging threats and the routes of fakes [PDF - 1.8MB] [EN]
- Counterfeit as a global threat: Impact of the phenomenon and the role of organised criminal groups [PDF - 1.4MB] [EN]
- Music industry development and Internet music copyright protection | 音乐产业发展和互联网音乐版权保护 | IFPI [PDF - MB] [EN,CN]
- Internet music copyright protection - Investigation and Collection | 互联网音乐版权保护 - 侦查技术和收集 | IFPI [PDF - MB] [EN,CN]