Following up on the discussions and engagement established during the EU-China online workshops that took place in November, IP Key China in cooperation with CAASA (the China Anti-infringement and Anti-counterfeiting Innovation Strategic Alliance) organised an offline seminar on IPR protection online and innovation. The seminar expanded on the topics discussed during the webinars. Representatives from government, enforcement agencies, the IP legal profession, service providers, academia, the EU and Chinese industry, IPR owners, e-commerce marketplaces and social media platforms attended the event.
The following seminar had a striking popular success, driving a full-house onsite (200 attendants as per Chinese Covid crisis regulations) and a whooping 450.000 people online, watching the livestream.
EU-China cooperation in this sector has been consistently active in recent years. IP Key China, as the instrument for partnership on IP cooperation between the EU and China, has had a longstanding collaboration with its key counterpart in China – CAASA. It resulted in the successful EU-China conference on IPR Protection Online and Innovation, which took place in Xiamen (Fujian, China) in 2018 and in Haikou (Hainan, China) in 2019.
- Phil Lewis - The ACG: How can an MOU help China and EU | ACG: 谅解备忘录模式如何助力中国与欧盟 [PDF - 0.5MB] [EN,CN]
- Bernstein - IP is a journey | 知识产权之旅 [PDF - 4.1MB] [EN,CN]
- Erdos - One brand, one city | 鄂尔多斯：一个品牌一座城 [PDF - 3.6MB] [EN,CN]
- ROUSE/LUSHENG - IPR Compliance challenges for live streaming E-Commerce | 新形势下直播电商商业模式的知识产权合规挑战 [PDF - 1.7MB] [EN,CN]
- Joeri Mombers - Observations regarding the EU Memorandum of understanding on the sale of counterfeit goods on the internet | '欧盟打击互联网售假谅解备忘录'评述 [PDF - 0.7MB] [EN,CN]
- Chunlei Li - Issues in Cyberspace IPR Enforcement | 互联网知识产权保护执法实践中的几个问题 [PDF - 0.2MB] [EN,CN]
- Fabrice Renard - New tech and new strategies in IPR protection and enforcement | 知识产权保护与执法新技术，新策略 [PDF - 0.8MB] [EN,CN]
Find more information on November events:
- 17 November - EU-China online workshop on the impact of 2019 E-Commerce Law of the People’s Republic of China
- 18 November - EU-China online workshop on IPR and new trends in the e-commerce sector