This activity, organised by IP Key LA with the support of the EUIPO, IP offices in Latin America and ASIPI, is a continuation of workshops held in previous years: in San José, Costa Rica in June 2018, and Quito, Ecuador in June 2019 for search and classification tools; and in Lima, Peru in November 2018 and San José, Costa Rica in July 2019 for classification and productivity tools.
This virtual workshop aims to present the benefits and success stories of global search and classification tools, to provide a platform for exchanging ideas on the challenges that offices might encounter while familiarising themselves with these tools, and to establish the next steps for and further needs of each IPO.
The event, due to take place on 14-15 July 2020, will focus on TMview, DesignView, TMclass and the Harmonised Data Base. The participants, from the IP offices, will include staff from the trade mark, industrial design and IT departments, as well as directors and managers involved in decision-making at the level of international cooperation.
See the PPT presentations made under this activity:
- Presentation 1. João Carrilho & Martin Beckman, EUIPO - TMview & DESIGNview [PDF - ESP] [0.6MB]
- Presentation 2. Marco Palacios, Inter-American Association of Intellectual Property (ASIPI) - Impacto Económico de las marcas en América Latina [PDF - ESP] [2.1MB]
- Presentation 3. Santiago & Yanina, National Service of Intellectual Rights of Ecuador (SENADI) - Implementación de design view en el Servicio Nacional de Derechos Intelectuales de Ecuador [PDF - ESP] [1.2MB]
- Presentation 4. João Carrilho & Martin Beckman, EUIPO - TMclass. Una presentación a oficinas de PI de América Latina [PDF - ESP] [0.7MB]
- Presentation 5. Marco Palacios, Inter-American Association of Intellectual Property (ASIPI) - Taller sobre Herramientas Globales de la EUIPN [PDF - ESP] [0.7MB]
- Presentation 6. Leonardo Uribe, Directorate General of the Industrial Property Registry of Panama (DIGERPI) - Beneficios de TMclass y la HDB para oficinas de PI [PDF - ESP] [1.1MB]