The Seminar on the Latest Developments in Trade Marks was successfully held in Guangzhou, China, on 5 May 2023. This seminar was co-hosted by IP Key China and the China National Intellectual Property Administration (CNIPA) and supported by the Guangdong Intellectual Property Administration, Guangdong Intellectual Property Protection Centre and Guangzhou Trademark Examination Cooperation Centre and Guangzhou Intellectual Property Administration.
Against the backdrop of China’s recent initiative to amend its trade mark law for the 5th time, this event attracted over 100 participants from Chinese trademark authorities, agents, associations and industries and members from the European Union Chamber of Commerce in China (EUCCC) . Experts discussed on curbing bad-faith registration and the protection of well-known trademarks, as well as interpretation and analysis of the Trademark Law of the People’s Republic of China (2023 Exposure Draft). Speakers from CNIPA, EUCCC, the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) and Danish Patent and Trademark Office (DKPTO) shared experience and practices in bad-faith registration and well-known trade mark protection in China and the EU.
- Bad faith fillings of trade marks in EU – different aspects - Legal Department, EUIPO - Ewelina Sliwinska - [PDF - 1.10MB] [EN - CN]
- BAD FAITH Focus on USE - Operation Department, EUIPO - Jessica LEWIS - [PDF - 0.55MB] [EN - CN]
- BAD FAITH Legislation and practices on bad faith trademarks registration - DKPTO - Mikael Francke RAVN - [PDF - 0.60MB] [EN - CN]
- Regulating Bad-Faith Trademark Registration - the China Experience - Trademark Office, CNIPA - Zhiyu ZHUANG - [PDF - 0.00MB] [EN - CN]
- Trends in assessing (BAD) FAITH_Boards of Appeal, EUIPO - Klaudia MISZTAL - [PDF - 0.65MB] [EN - CN]
- Well-known Trademarks - IPR WG, EUCCC - Paul RANJARD - [PDF - 1.20MB] [EN - CN]