IP Key LA is organizing, along with the Peruvian IP Office (INDECOPI) a Regional Seminar on Geographical Indications and Trade Marks. The activity consists of a one and half-day event that will take place in Lima from March 28th to 29th.
The objectives of the seminar are to share experiences in the Andean region on the EU policy on geographical indications, to discuss on the state of the art regarding Trade marks and Geographical Indications, to emphasize the importance of homogeneous practices in the protection of GIs, and to incorporate recently developed best practices.
Some of the topics that will be covered in this event are:
- GIs at the international, European and Andean level
- EU policy on GIs, including Quality Policy, success cases
- The protection of geographical indications in the EU and abroad
- Relationship between GIs and TMs
- Infringement and enforcement of GIs