On 9 to 19 September 2019, IP Key Southeast Asia is organizing the IP Enforcement Week 2019 in Bangkok, Thailand with a series of events geared towards IP policy-makers, IP officials, law enforcement authorities, IP stakeholders, and businesses in Southeast Asia.
The Seminar on Customs Enforcement of Intellectual Property Rights will kick-off the IP Enforcement Week on September 9, with discussions on the state of play of IPR customs enforcement in Southeast Asia and best practices on curbing the cross-border trafficking of infringing goods. This will be followed by a Workshop for police authorities on September 10, focusing on online IPR infringements and investigative techniques using digital technologies, where effective intelligence gathering and evidence collection in the digital age will be discussed.
The 2-day Conference on Online IPR Infringement to be held on September 11 to 12 will also tackle the trends and challenges related to intellectual property rights in the digital age and in the online environment. The conference will highlight the responsibility of intermediary service providers in addressing online IPR infringements, with panel discussions on how South-East Asia countries can move towards better protection for IP rights in the online environment.
To cap-off the IP Enforcement Week, a Seminar on IPR Enforcement for Police Authorities will be held in Bangkok, Thailand on September 13, and in Jakarta, Indonesia on September 16. The seminar will focus on physical marketplaces for infringing goods, and investigative techniques to facilitate the successful prosecution of IPR offenses.
Back to back with the IP Enforcement Week, IP Key SEA is also organizing the Conference on Collective Management of Copyright and Related Rights in Southeast Asia on September 18 to 19 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The 2-day conference will provide a platform for the sharing of best practices on promoting the effective functioning of collective management organizations (CMOs), including tools and applications that facilitate licensing and the distribution of royalties to rights holders.
- 9 september 2019: Seminar on Customs Enforcement of Intellectual Property Rights
- 10 september 2019: Workshop on Online IPR Infringement Detection and Investigation
- 11 september 2019: IP Key SEA EU Business Talks and Conference on Online IPR Infringement and the Responsibility of ISPs
- 11-12 september 2019: Conference on Online IPR Infringement and the Responsibility of Intermediary Service Providers
- 13 september 2019: Seminar on IPR Enforcement for Police Authorities in Thailand
- 16 september 2019: Seminar on IPR Enforcement for Police Authorities in Indonesia
- 18-19 september 2019: IP Key SEA Conference on Collective Management of Copyright and Related Rights and EU Business Talks
- 19 september 2019: EU Business Talks Kuala Lumpur